Australian Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The secret revealed!

3 posters

Go down

The secret revealed! Empty The secret revealed!

Post  droughtbreaker Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Anyone just watch Today Tonight, trash journalism at its finest, haha.

They reckon they are the first to uncover the 'secret' of where the main house for the film 'Don't be Afraid of the Dark' featuring Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce is located. They claim it is in 'Melbourne Rolling Eyes' but won't reveal the name of the town but they were out interviewing locals and others passing by the set for a segment on the current affairs program tonight.

Well, I am not one to keep a 'secret' and can reveal it is the well known Mount Macedon property 'Drusilla' on Brougham Road, Mount Macedon. I pass this location all the time as it is on my way out of the town to everywhere else and have watched them working on the set for about the last month.
They also asked locals on Today Tonight if this sort of thing (shooting Hollywood films) happens very often here and they replied that it didn't but they obviously have a short memory because the Nick Cage film 'the Knowing' was shot here also and at the service station in Macedon.

Anyway apparently we have Katie Holmes et. al. down here for several months so it could turn chaotic here if paparazzi etc. get onto it which they almost certainly will.

Crazy times. What a Face

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

The secret revealed! Empty Re: The secret revealed!

Post  norfolk Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 pm

so are you going to provide us with an exclusive interview with Mrs Cruise soon? LOL

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:02 pm

LOL, no! haha. Security would deal with me no problems.

Anyway a little bit of excitement in a place where there is not much normally.

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Power Storm Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Interesting Andrew. Have fun... Wink

Has anyone seen The Knowing yet?

Power Storm

http://www.australianweathernow.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 pm

They were filming today and the photographers/paparazzi were out apparently. Very low key from what I can gather, pictures are available online. What it means for me is I have to make a detour on the way to the railway station in the morning as they are setting up for filming and there are trucks and people in the way, road is closed soon after I leave.

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:27 pm

will filming stop if it snows?

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:33 pm

That's an interesting question Tony, I'm not sure whether the film is set in winter or summer so it could confuse them if that happened. Only problem is the location where they are filming is only around 450m asl just before the main road starts to climb towards the township so snow there would be a long shot particularly given how mild this winter has been so far.

Anyway, the novelty of having a film (or telemovie or whatever it is) set in the neighbourhood is starting to wear off with all the road closures and paparazzi, security guards everywhere and a whole heap of caravans/trailers parked in the paddock next to the set. Apparently they've made a fair mess of the area also and it's all going to turn to mud. There is one of those electronic portable signs at the turn off to Macedon from the main road reporting the date and time of road closures. It says 27th July but apparently the road was closed today unannounced. Evil or Very Mad

Locals are going to start getting annoyed if they stay there for too long, we are becoming the new international hot spot for Hollywood and local films it seems with two overseas productions in the space of about 6 months. A quiet rural road in a residential area in the hills is not the best place for these productions really, especially when it is on the road that almost everyone uses to leave the town. Rolling Eyes Perhaps next time they can try somewhere else. Wink Perhaps Ferny Creek, haha (Sorry DJ).

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum