Australian Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL 2009 Forum Style

+7
Sniper
PaulY
Power Storm
Anthony Violi
droughtbreaker
Rivergirl
Karl Lijnders
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AFL 2009 Forum Style - Page 2 Empty Re: AFL 2009 Forum Style

Post  Karl Lijnders Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:54 pm

I would like to say that I think Collingwood could end up having a hard time with Melbourne on Monday. Just watch out for a possible upset. Greasy wintery conditions and a large crowd could favour the Magpies on paper and in theory, but how bad have they been at being consistent!!
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivergirl Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:58 am

Well when I predicted that the sequence of win and loss would see the Bombers due for a loss last weekend, I didn't mean by that much Rolling Eyes
Rivergirl
Rivergirl

http://www.redbubble.com/people/Rivergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:41 pm

St Kilda Vs Carlton tonight. It is going to be a close one.

I purposefully haven't heard the results as yet but I think Carlton will be tested to the max tonight. Should be interesting where they end up.
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:17 am

St Kilda got the jump but Carlton showed some spirit to close within 4pts late in the last quarter. The Blues may just rue their last quarter inaccuracy.

I personally am not a fan of the split round, but the other half is happy!!

Sniper

http://www.stubbysolutions.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:34 am

Great match last night shows the Blues really do have potential this year and rate them ahead of the Bombers by far and even ahead of Collingwood.
I'm Going to the biggest match of the year in a few weeks time got tickets already and its sold out (still think it should of been at the M.C.G would get 90,000 for sure) Saints and Cats and I'm not even a fan of either team but in saying that I do have a soft spot for the saints given my other half goes for them.

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  DC449 Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:33 pm

well i am a saints supporter, Last night game was a good game, although i cant wait till saints vs geelong game.
DC449
DC449

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:16 am

Good win by the Tigers last night. Happy for Jade Rawlings, but says alot for players and their attitude towards Terry Wallace.
This type of perofrmance tells messers Bowden, Pettifer, Simmonds and co that their time at Punt Rd is very limited.

Big game today down @ Aurora Stadium. Being a Hawjs supporter, I am hoping for a W, but it should be a tough game.

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Well that was a huge reality check!! And I don't think the Hawks have the capacity to respond, which is disappointing. All credit to Voss, Brown and the Lions.

The break has come at the right time for Hawthorn, but will need a huge change in fortunes to make an impact in the 2nd half of the year.

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I am so happy that my boys won down in Tassie today!!! Certainly looking a good chance to make the finals Smile Smile
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Power Storm Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, I have already got one wrong... Hawthorn. Why did I pick them... haha. geek

Power Storm

http://www.australianweathernow.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:05 am

Dean Laidley has stepped down as coach of the Kangaroos, effective immediately. The coaching merry-go-round has sped up a cog. With Mark Williams also looking on shaky ground, who will be the first team to snap up Buckley?

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:45 am

Another week, another pitiful Hawthorn performance. Tough conditions out west but the reigning premiers showed no reason to suggest they will be involved in September. I have officially put the cue in the rack for the season. Time to support the Doggies/Saints this year to knock of the Cats.

Another win to the Lions Karl.... They took the foot off the pedal in the last quarter, however they had done enough.

Bring on the Ashes and sleep deprivation!!!!

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:20 am

Yeah, Hawthorn were completely insipid, couldn't believe the lack of effort the team put in. They still have their classy players like Mitchell, Sewell, Roughead, Franklin, Hodge etc. but the lack of effort is there for all to see.

Really looking forward to watching Richmond get absolutely thumped by St. Kilda tonight (sarcasm emoticon?). Rolling Eyes
Still hopefully some of the younger players can show a few things for the tigers, it would give me something to watch for.

Changing the topic from AFL to cricket. With the 9 hour time difference between UK and AUS at the moment, I'm guessing the live coverage would start around 8pm here and finish around 5am or thereabouts. Not sure exactly when they start and finish over there with the longer daylight hours.

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:43 pm

go Bombers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I just a bit too enthusiastic? LOL

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivergirl Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:02 pm

I'm just as enthusiastic Norfolk. They are No. 7 on the ladder now woohoo!!!!
Rivergirl
Rivergirl

http://www.redbubble.com/people/Rivergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Violi Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:38 am

What a great night i had at the G last night...came to the table with an attitude that we didnt have last time round...now if only we can play Carlton in that frame of mind.
Anthony Violi
Anthony Violi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:28 am

Bulldogs cement a top 4 spot with a solid win against the Bombers. The young Dons took it up to the Dogs leading at half time, but the overall class of the Dogs prevailed. Was impressed with the under-rated Mitch Hahn, who kicked 5 goals.

Can he do it consistently and in the finals?

Todays' games should see Geelong bounce back from 2 straight losses to beat the improving Demons. Carlton host Sydney. Should Carlton win, it will be curtains for the Swans in '09. In tonights games, can Freo score more than 1 goal when they host the surging Brisbane Lions. A win would for the Lions would pretty much secure Voss' charges a finals appearance. In tonights other game, it is do-or-die for the Hawks when they tackle the red-hot Pies at the MCG. My heart says the Hawks, btu my head expects the Magpies to have too many answers in the midfield with Swan, Pendlebury,Thomas,Didak & Davis (as weel as others).

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Go Hawks!!!

Other than the draw, it was one way traffic this weekend, with Hawthorn providing the upset. Next week' clases look juicy. Carlton v Collingwood on Friday night. Geelong v Hawthorn on Saturday arvo and then St Kilda play the Doggies. Plus the showdown/derby, twill be a cracker of a weekend!!

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:33 am

Huge news yesterday with the new Gold Coast team signed Broncos and QLD origin star Karmichael Hunt. This is a huge coup for GC17 and instantly get a player and marketing/promotional tool all in one.

Not sure if it is panic stations for the NRL, but it is certainly a timely warning that what was once League safe havens are now being challenged by AFL and Football.

Interesting times ahead!!

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Violi Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Season is going along well, and its even better now that Essendon have fallen in a hole...

And then too top it off, Nathan Lovett im innocent Murray scandal of today...happy days!
Anthony Violi
Anthony Violi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Boy oh boy, what a round this is turning out to be. The farcical suspension of betting for the Hawks/Saints games ended up being a massive win for the bookies. Hawthorn have been a bunch of downhill skiers this year. Fantastic win by the Saints. Stating the obvious here, but with the calibre of players out, they were super super impressive.

A certain smell about Geelong' effort last night. I think were happy that Carlton won (in a strange sort of way!!). It was a nail in the Hawthorn coffin, as a loss to the Cats could have seen the Blues put under pressure to make the finals. Good on the Blues however, they did the job that was asked of them!!

A superb effort by the Eagles to knock over the Doggies at Etihad. Their first win in Melbourne for some 2 years. They were despised $10 outsiders with all betting agencies.

Collingwood proved again that they are the great road warriors, this time doing a number on Adelaide at AAMI. This win pretty much secures a Top 4 berth and leaves Adelaide in a battle with the Dogs and Brisbane for 4th spot.

Karl, you would have been on the edge of your seat tonight, watching your boys salvage a draw from the Dons. They looked gone a number of times, but Bradshaw took a clutch mark with 5 seconds left to tie the game. This result is a hammer blow to the Dons finals aspirations. They needed the 4 points to stay in touch with the 8, but now have a tough run home, including next week against St Kilda pale

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:56 pm

I nearly died!! I cannot believe our luck!!! But really we should have taken advantage of the second quarter!!

Sigh we need to beat the Bullies!!
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:17 am

3 rounds to go and still that 8th spot is up for grabs!! Port Adelaide were insipid against the Dockers, opening the door to Essendon, Sydney and Hawthorn. Being a Hawks man, would love the boys to grab 8th spot, but they haven't shown any desire or consistency to even string the 3 wins required to get 8th. Big game on Friday night against a very good Crows team. I think they will put the Hawks finally out of their misery.

Collingwood all but secured 3rd spot with the away win against the Crows. This leaves the Lions, Bulldogs, Crows and even Carlton to fight out who gets that critical double chance. As Karl mentioned, a massive game this week with the Lions taking on a injury depleted and wobbly Western Bulldogs at the Gabba. Both have very tough runs home, so the loser will lose an chance of a Top 4 finish. Will be a ripping game!!

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:02 pm

As Brian Taylor says, wowee!! What a final game of the round, with the Bombers withstanding a final quarter comeback from the Saints to win. Nick Riewoldt has a chance to win the game after the siren, but his shot went right. A mighty effort by the Bombers. Hopefully they get full credit and the media don't write about the loss the Saints had to have. The Bombers came into the game missing some great players and lost more soldiers during the game.

The rest of the round provided a few shocks, especially the way the Dees "dee-stroyed" Fremantle. The Lions lost any chance of a Top 4 spot with a home loss to the Western Bulldogs. The Blues gave the Power a mighty spanking, whilst the Hawks were again soft against the Crows. The Tigers showed how far behind they are after playing the man, not the ball and lost by 15 goals. The game did remind me of the Hawks/Bombers "line in the sand" game. Hopefully the Tigers and their fans see a much improved performance in the near future.

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:17 am

It is going to be a full on last round of footy. Working within the industry, we are expecting it to be a final round which could have the buildup like a grand final week.

Anyhow lots of movement in the 8 as sides find they're feet as we work towards September. Little sad about my boys (Lions) loosing to the Bullies but look the Bulldogs are one of the dark horses, that when they are on they're game they can beat anyone.

Hopefully we can nail Port this week at home to secure our spot.
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next