AFL 2009 Forum Style

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: AFL 2009 Forum Style

Post  Sniper on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:31 pm

In breaking news, Brad Scott has been appointed coach of North Melbourne. Will be interesting to see if he continues as Assistant Coach of Collingwood.

Sniper

http://www.stubbysolutions.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Violi on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:34 pm

Eugene Arocca the prick at it again..

All this is just to spite Collingwood, but we had the last laugh with Bux.
Anthony Violi

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Collingwood BOO!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The whole team gets sucked in by Jake King and then blame all the Richmond guys for starting the brawl when they were just helping out their team mate when he was stacked on. Rolling Eyes None of Collingwood's business how Richmond approached the game, I know we were pathetic, why does Nick Maxwell have to go on about it, he is an arrogant prick. Just take the 4 points and get on with it and shut up about it.

I hope they all feel big and mighty beating one of the bottom teams (of which about a third of that team will be delisted at the end of the season anyway) by over 90 points, the Collingwood players all seem to be gloating about it enough. Rolling Eyes

BTW, we all know what happens to Collingwood in September after they start talking themselves up at the end of the regular season. Laughing

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Them fightning words Andrew Wink But look Collingwood will be a good show but they are born chokers, look how they performed against us in the GFs a few years back Razz
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Violi on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:50 pm

Thats where your perception is wrong Karl, as is everyones.

yes we have lost 26 GFs, however in a fair chunk of those years we didnt have a GF team let alone a premiership one. this year will be no different. Should we get in, and then somehow win, we would be pinching it as we are not a premiership team compared with St Kilda who have every base covered starting with 2 dominant rucks.

2002/3 was exactly the same, Port should have made the GF those years but we played fantastic september footy to make it. 1977 however was ours for the taking and the stupidity of Phil Carman cost us a certain flag.

Andrew, it was actually Didak that sucked Jake King in, took him a Qtr and a half but it worked. Also re Maxwell, from where i was sitting in M22 all Hyslop was intent on all day was cheap shots, which Maxwell described as average. I thought it was good of a captain to be honest for a change, as was Newman on One Week at a time. Bodes well for a good encounter next year..
Anthony Violi

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 pm

I think Collingwood may be the front runner for the year. What do others think?
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Karl Lijnders wrote:I think Collingwood may be the front runner for the year. What do others think?

Tend to agree Karl, but I think Mick Malthouse will be trying his level best to ensure that they are the underdogs. I don't think they would enjoy the tag as favourites. Massive game this week for the Pies & Dogs. Winner plays a stuttering Geelong. Even the loser would feel as intimidated now against the Saints.

A ripping weekend ahead!!

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Violi on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Rubbish...the ferals are still faves followed by Geelong..
Anthony Violi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Well Anthony, the bookies don't agree anymore. The Pies are the form team of the comp, and pretty much have a full list of players that aren't carrying too many niggles.

I do like your response though, something Mick would say Razz

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Violi on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 am

Well put it this way Sniper...we lose on the weekend and we are back to 4th favourite...stupid. If we were to win our first final and go straight to the prelim that would be different. As we know sept footy is s totally different ball game. Until we can beat the top 2 it's all just hype.
Anthony Violi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:05 am

Anthony, I can't see the Pies losing to the Doggies. I know they scared the life out of you last time, however you did jump them early doors and Mick would have that firmly in the face of the players.

I think the way the Top 4 is, there is a mighty chance that the teams 3rd and 4th will beat the top 2 teams.

St Kilda, who are flirting with their form would play a team who shares the same home ground, and more than covers their skills/ability through the midfield. The Doggies have enough talls down back to combat St Nick and Kozi, whilst a quick nimble forward line could find out blokes like Dawson, Blake and Fisher.

Geelong, who cannot get a fit and healthy 22 on the park, let alone their best 22, facing a bogy team who matches their hardness and pressure. Geelong have struggled to match teams with explosive forwards such as Davis, Didak, Medhurst wth Harley & Taylor. They play the Pies at the Pies home ground, where the crowd numbers would favour the Pies.

Bring it on!!!

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Violi on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:35 pm

The thing that has me thinking that we are a very good show is our intensity hasnt dropped off at all since Round 9..and we are injury free. Other sides have a few injuries and the training loading is taking a toll...however i reckon the Saints and Cats are foxing a bit..expect different teams come finals time.
Anthony Violi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Hate to say it Anthony, but I think you are in with a massive chance!!

Have it good authority that Lenny Hayes has torn a muscle in his arm, near the elbow. Apparently can play if juiced up. However not sure how he will pull up given he averages heaps of tackles and that is the Saints game plan, pressure/tackle.

Are the wheels falling off the Saints wagon???

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Lance Franklin fails to overturn his 1 match ban for rough conduct against Ben Cousins. Tribunal agreed with the MRP and have added another week for challenging. This all but snuffs out any chance the Hawks had of September action, especially with Roughead and Williams unlikely to return. Crying or Very sad

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:45 am

Tips people!!! Essendon or Hawthorn???

I am going for the Bombers by 3PTS
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  DC449 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Wheels are not falling off trust me.
DC449

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:10 am

At least you got 1 tip right Karl Very Happy

Now we are down to 8. It's going to be a ripping Finals Series. Well done to the Bombers in making the finals. You were the best of an inconsistent lot, but you don't get much help, having to play Adelaide on Friday night @ AAMI Stadium.

Karl, your mob have a tough game against Carlton at the Gabba. They beat you both times this year and with Daniel Merrett in doubt with a hammy, who is going to play of Fev. If fit, Bradshaw would be my choice. Bring back Leuenberger and allow Mitch Clark to go up forward at times. Tough game!!

Collingwood squandered an opportunity to play Geelong, losing to the Bulldogs by 24 points. Now they face St Kilda, however at Collingwood' home ground tongue.

Doggies play the cats, whom they beat 2 weeks ago.

My tips are: Adelaide, Bulldogs, Carlton, St Kilda.

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 am

Finished with 133 for the season tipping wise.

My tips for week 1: Adelaide,Brisbane, Bulldogs and Collingwood.

Hope my boys can pull it off!!
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 am

133 Karl Shocked
That is huge!!
Great tipping mate

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  samueliza on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Campbell Brown used your name in vain! (Sniper) Cheers to him! cheers

Lloydy deserves his 4 weeks!
Bombers will lose by over 100pts to Adelaide.

Hawks didnt deserve to make finals, but Essendon played dirty.
Regards,
Disgruntled hawks man.

samueliza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Ah Sam, I am biting my tongue over the weekends game. Glad to be finished as we were losing soldiers each week. Ok I'll have my say about Lloyd. Great hit, but given the rules now, you can't hit a bloke in the head. 6 weeks is far too severe for mine, despite the injuries inflicted. Probably 4 weeks down to 2 on an early guilty plea.

Having said this, I would be happy for him to be playing next week if Buddy didn't get suspended last week. It may have changed the result of Saturday' game if Buddy has played.

The hit was a turning point of the game, because the Hawks again decided to focus on the man rather the ball.

Good luck Bombers, you need all the luck you can get coming up against the Crows @ AAMI.

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:49 pm

Anything is possible. If you can remember a few years back Collingwood vs Port. Port were at they're prime and in the top 4 and Collingwood were forecast to loose hard. The won it after the siren with a kick.

Finals changes everything!! SA teams choke hard!!!
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:53 pm

True Karlos and Neil Craig has a putrid Finals record. Something like 2 wins out of 13.
All pressure and expectations will be on the Crows. Bombers with nothing to lose, have pace on their side.
Strange things can happen in a 2 horse race.

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Well that took care of that. Essendon will do well next year. Bit of reshuffling and players needing to go but should do well next year.

Come on Lions!!!! cheers
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:34 am

Good luck against the Doggies tonight Karl..
The Lions have rolled out the best team available bar the injured players. Would be surprised/impressed if Adcock started the game. Quite a remarkable recovery from what looked like a severe knee injury.

Adelaide look too strong against the Pies. What a difference 3 weeks makes, the Pies were flying!!

Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top