Australian Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impending changes to the forum and a new location!!!!

Go down

Impending changes to the forum and a new location!!!! Empty Impending changes to the forum and a new location!!!!

Post  Karl Lijnders Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi friends!!!

The time has come to move our baby to a new location!! Yes to a server that we will not break due to overload because we are obsessing over severe storms...

So what I am asking for you all to do is just click on the link www.theaustralianweatherforum.com and register your details there, just as you have here. This forum will continue as normal up until the end of the month at around 11pm and then the switch will be flicked to the new site.

I think what is important to do to keep communication somewhat fluent, is to allow this storm and low sequence to pass out and to finish up early next week and then open the forum on December the 1st! The forum is locked at the present time even though you can see it and register. From Tuesday December 1st this will be unlocked and the show will continue as normal in a new home, with new rooms, features and hopefully a bigger family!!

I encourage everyone who has joined us here to come across for the move!! It will be the last move I promise you that. I didn't expect things to get so huge here that we would be struggling when threads got over 1000 posts and we lost information. I felt somewhat guilty about that and don't want that to happen again.

It is a fantastic new beginning for this site and I am so excited about it!! If you have any issues please PM of email me @ weatherman1000@hotmail.com.

Otherwise see you on the other site!!!! Cannot wait for a week from now!!!

Thankyou for making this forum what it is....GREAT!!!

Karl 😄
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Impending changes to the forum and a new location!!!! Empty Re: Impending changes to the forum and a new location!!!!

Post  Karl Lijnders Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Just a reminder to those who haven't jumped across to www.theaustralianweatherforum.com - please do as it will open from late tonight and this forum will close down, still in read form but will not be operating on a conversational level.

New topics and threads may be started there, just like here, by the authors who have started them as we cannot mail merge to the new site.

Cannot wait to get into our new, roomy home!!! Sign up and be part of the biggest VIC weather forum!!!
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down