Australian Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary

+19
mick
norfolk
Anthony Violi
Proteous
typhoon29
Sniper
DC449
firestorm
Madmel
Snowd_on
Johnno
Australis(Shell3155)
Hinezy
Karl Lijnders
Dane
hillybilly
Rivergirl
Power Storm
droughtbreaker
23 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary - Page 6 Empty Re: Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary

Post  droughtbreaker Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Well, 0.8C at around 10pm last night with temp fluctuating wildly and then permanently up to 4C with the same as what DJ had at his place, that is a bit of a pick up in the northerly wind. Was actually 6C this morning at 6am, not too bad in the end except for a bit of wind chill. Currently 2C so if the northerly doesn't pick up again tonight it should be a frost tomorrow morning.

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary - Page 6 Empty Re: Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary

Post  Power Storm Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:14 pm

A freezing start here as well with temperatures down to 0 degrees last night. It's actually quite mild out there now as was today with a sunny condition though the wind made it feel quite chilly.

Power Storm

http://www.australianweathernow.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowd_on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:07 am

i was down to 3.3C in Prahran, another beautiful crisp morning

Snowd_on

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Rivergirl wrote:You mustn't have had much sleep Tony Wink at least I slept in till 11am, morning what morning! Laughing at Karl Laughing Had a blackout in our part of Ferny Creek from 2.30pm to 4pm this arvo, don't know why. Bit cold without power

Yep, actually fell asleep at 7 last night and didnt wake until 9 this morning..........got all my sleep for 2 days!!! lol

Anyway today was another nice and warmish winter's day. Lot's of sun and the breeze began to pick up. I really hop we will get something substantial this saturday (my birthday YAY!!!) Would be a great birthday present....can someone organise it please? LOL

Tony

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Sounds like I missed a super cold morning or two while I was away! Canberra was freezing cold, yesterday morning when I left for work at 7.30am it was -1 (and I stupidly forgot to take my coat up with me Mad ), cars covered in frost and took a long time for the rental car to clear up the windscreen. It's alot greener up there but still incredibly dry, the dams looked to be filling up a little which made a nice change from the last time I was there earlier this year. I still think our west looks in worse shape than they are though Sad

I'm up there again next week, then the week after I'm off to Perth. I might have to become the resident travelling weather chick lol!

Lily

Back to top Go down

Post  mick Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Looks torrential stormy bucketing down in the west on radar.

Cmon you guys, get out of the rain and admit that you are wet!

mick

Back to top Go down

Post  samueliza Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 pm

raining in pt cook- lightly. Lets hope we get a bit more out west than we did with the last system. Rolling Eyes

samueliza

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 pm

ROFL, Mick. They're all out playing in the puddles I think! That's one huge line of wet stuff, stretching from Laverton to past Apollo Bay, lovely to see Very Happy

Shame it hasn't made it into the inner west, but Geelong and Avalon must be getting a good drenching.

Lily

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:30 pm

we must have got one very light shower, i have been out all night and it was dry, only reason why i know there must have been a shower was that I went outside to throw something in the recycling bin! Otherwise would not have know. Puddles? Not really here, wet? more like damp!

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Australis(Shell3155) Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:12 am

Very Very Windy here. 8.5mm over night
Australis(Shell3155)
Australis(Shell3155)

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowd_on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:27 am

not much here in prahran, couple of mm

Snowd_on

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:17 am

and as expected anything north of sunbury is being hit with a deluge, even south of Geelong (and near Geelong as well) it's raining, but in between NADA!!!

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Hardly a deluge Tony, only 6mm here overnight and today, and I'd say only about 3mm of it after 9am today. The radar is misleading for some reason showing some intense echoes but it's only light on the ground with a few brief heavier periods. Not sure what happened to the good 'dynamics' we were supposed to have over central VIC today, it's classic on and north of the ranges and coastal.

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowd_on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Well, central highlands are doing well out of this system, 45mm at blue Mountain, 25mm at Lancefield, 33mm at Redesdale, since 9am.

Two and a half drops here in the city Rolling Eyes

Snowd_on

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Keep an eye on the weather coming off the Grampians now. I think most of Melbourne should see 5-10mm overnight now that northerly winds are relaxing a little and the origin of the rainfall is more convective.

Statewide bar the rainshadow of the W suburbs, this system has been very useful!
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Yep, haven't checked the gauge yet but we have had several hours of solid rain, not as heavy as locations on the north side of the range like the aforementioned localities but certainly a good drop I would reckon.

Very interested in that band too Karl, even if it is likely to slip a bit south just looking at it's movement on radar,

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm

did someone say it was supposed to rain? LOL

I am trying not to be disheartened again, but i just wish these winter rains would fall here.

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowd_on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:23 am

Karl Lijnders wrote:Keep an eye on the weather coming off the Grampians now. I think most of Melbourne should see 5-10mm overnight now that northerly winds are relaxing a little and the origin of the rainfall is more convective.

Statewide bar the rainshadow of the W suburbs, this system has been very useful!

well we missed it ! i think we got the regulation two and a half drops again...
lots at mt macedon though, over 30mm since friday night. the sooner i move there away from this rain-shadowed city the better.

Snowd_on

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Speaking from my perspective, it was another very disappointing system.

Here in CS, we have only had 5.2mm for the month and a 'whopping' 111mm for the year.

We just continue to miss out.

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:24 pm

well I must missed showers in Tarneit today, nothing as far as I know fell down there, however when I got to mum and dad's at Sunshine (for a nice home cooked Italian dinner Wink ) Saw that a shower must have fallen over there. Got home here in caroline Springs, no evidence of any showers.

Cool day as well, some sun some clouds, not a lot of wind, not too much to report.

min: 5.3 max: 13.3

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Madmel Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:00 am

Well it was obvoius the rain predicted on the weekend turned fizza. Was in Riddles Creek for the weekend and wasnt as cold as I thought it may have been, though late Sat arvo the wind was a real chill factor which caused a bonfire project for the boys during the day to enjoy during the night LOL Fun to be had around the bonfire with cold beverages Wink

Mild day today with a strong northerly.

Madmel

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Very very springlike temps, 19 in the city 20 or about 20 in Laverton and Avalon.

So when are the 8 and 9 degree days going to arrive!

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  hillybilly Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:28 pm

OK - perhaps cheating - but we had 9.8, 8.9, 9.4 and 9.4C last week Very Happy

Has been a very mild winter (or rather a lack of cold) for "Melbourne" - CBD running at 14.6C for July (about 1.3C above the long-term average) and June was 15.6C (about 1.7C above the long-term average).

Perhaps the strangest thing about recent times has been the lack of extreme days (up to today the hottest for the month was 16.9C and the colder 13.2C).

BTW looks like Thursday and then later on the weekend into next week will see rather cold air - thickness values just below 536/850T down to about -2 which should see snow in the range of 800 to 1000m.

hillybilly

http://www.bom.gov.au

Back to top Go down

Post  AUSSKY Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:57 am

after a cold night (-4.4C at Clyve's, -3.9C at my place at 7am in Trentham, -2.6C Woodend at 6am) there were completely dry roads till around Gisborne when the first patch of black ice appeared quite unexpectedly on the bridge (they had a shower last night that dampened the roads there) - I watched the car in front of me 'twitch', went around the bend and came face to face with a car pointing the wrong way on the next bridge.....put out a warning across ABC Bendigo & Melbourne stations and have now just heard that there has been an 8 car accident at Gisborne......

always worthwhile expecting the unexpected.....
AUSSKY
AUSSKY

http://www.stormchasers.au.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hillybilly Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 am

Jane you really should shift to the Dandenongs - we get the rain/snow/sleet but little to no frost. Can grow just about anything - except tomatoes which just get big and stay green and flaxes which go brown a die What a Face .

Only had one frost at our place in 8 years (back in 2002 and even that was marginal). You gotta love drizzle and fog though!

hillybilly

http://www.bom.gov.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next