Australian Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary

+19
mick
norfolk
Anthony Violi
Proteous
typhoon29
Sniper
DC449
firestorm
Madmel
Snowd_on
Johnno
Australis(Shell3155)
Hinezy
Karl Lijnders
Dane
hillybilly
Rivergirl
Power Storm
droughtbreaker
23 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary - Page 8 Empty Re: Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary

Post  hillybilly Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Another mild one around town - 18.4C in the city and 14.4C here in Ferny Creek. Was nice in the sun though a brisk wind with low dewpoints.

Hoping for a return to more normal winter weather tomorrow.

hillybilly

http://www.bom.gov.au

Back to top Go down

Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary - Page 8 Empty Re: Melbourne and Victoria daily weather commentary

Post  norfolk Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Another day of summer like conditions, where Avalon was 3 degrees warmer due to northerly winds!

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Melbourne' mean for August so far is 16.5, some 1.8 degrees higher than last August. It only surpassed 16.5 on 4 occasions last August, exceeding it 3 times on the last 3 days of the month, where spring was starting to influence. Therefore only 1 day out of 28 last August met or exceeded our current monthly mean Shocked

Whereas 12 out of 18 reported temp days in Aug'09 have met or exceeded the current monthly mean.

Sniper

http://www.stubbysolutions.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Yeah, I reckon we can put this month (and all of winter for that matter) down to natural climatic variation as well as the influence of climate change. Basically the general patterns have been for constant NW flow and a complete lack of substantial cool changes. As a result we have seen a constant barrage of above average days but nothing in the way of extremely warm days. Of course the extreme unseasonal heat is out there, thankfully just out of our grasp atm.

Main thing is that we have had good rain, (on the central ranges anyway) and there is a lot more rain to come going by forecasts. This softens the impact that the above average temps have on environmental health.

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Australis(Shell3155) Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 am

Water returns to the old Dooen weir for first time in years
BY LEIGH ROGER
4/09/2009 11:09:00 AM
WIMMERA residents were excited to see water naturally flow into the old Dooen weir at Riverside for the first time in years.
Riverside resident Graeme Harrison said he last saw water flow into the weir three years ago after GWMWater released an environmental flow.
He said it was a long time since water naturally flowed into the weir.
Mr Harrison said he noticed water at the old Dooen weir earlier this week and had eagerly checked the river everyday, expecting it to start flowing again.
"I've been expecting it to flow any day," he said.
He said the water flowing through the old Dooen weir was a result of storm water run off from Horsham.
"It's amazing how much run off the town generates," he said.
"I'm surprised at how quickly parts of the river have filled."
Mr Harrison said he had lived at his Riverside property since 1994 and experienced both flood and drought during this time.
"When it floods it's just magnificent. I have 200 acres but during floods I'm only left with about five acres," he said.
Australis(Shell3155)
Australis(Shell3155)

Back to top Go down

Post  DC449 Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Long way out but how is Grand Final day looking?
DC449
DC449

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:50 pm

I'll say early shower then fine with Westerly winds around 19c at the moment

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 pm

awwwww I want a warm Grand Final day with the sun beating down!

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 pm

As long as the Saints win Tony I really don't care Wink Well if i had to choose rather it didn't rain GF Day. GO SAINTS!

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  AUSSKY Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:27 am

Trentham this morning..Clyve had -2.8C and I had -1.7C. Tylden was +1.3C and Woodend -1.0C..who said winter was over?????
AUSSKY
AUSSKY

http://www.stormchasers.au.com

Back to top Go down

Post  droughtbreaker Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:14 pm

1.2C here this morning, ice on the car windscreen again but funnily enough none on the ground. Sun is up around 6:20am now and on a calm sunny morning when frosts develop at this time of year it doesn't even feel cold thanks to the rapidly warming sun.

droughtbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  hillybilly Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Been slack on the reports... guess the warm dry, cold dry, mild dry, warm dry reports get a bit boring.

19.7C up here today. While everyone else reports frost we have got below 5C in the last week with strong katabatics each night.

hillybilly

http://www.bom.gov.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Getting quite hazy outside, especially looking west from CBD.

Sniper

http://www.stubbysolutions.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Got to about 23C yesterday which was our warmest day in about 2 weeks. Still very soggy underfoot with about 200mm in the last 4-5 weeks here...
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:00 pm

ok, this has been a cool start to the month, and I am not liking it! LOL

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8