Australian Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours?

3 posters

Go down

Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours? Empty Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours?

Post  AUSSKY Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 pm

I don't usually feel the need to shout from the rooftops, but I'm really chuffed with what turned up in the mail tonight.......
Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours? Teaching

It's taken me about 5 years to get around to doing it and they actually have made it easier now than it was 5 years ago......so I'm now a registered teacher again after not having registration since I left NSW in 1984 bounce Not that I'm going back to teaching just yet - but it gives me an option when I want to stop working 10 hours a day......and driving another 3.....
AUSSKY
AUSSKY

http://www.stormchasers.au.com

Back to top Go down

Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours? Empty Re: Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours?

Post  Lily Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 am

Hey, congrats! bounce cheers Good to have options Smile

My biggest achievement? Hmmmm, my kids, I'm still pretty awestruck that I actually produced them lol. As to achievements at work, I'll let you know after this Friday - I'm having a meeting with the executive team, I'm either going to get told to pull my head in or they're finally going to realise that what I've been saying for years is true and actually DO something about it! At the moment they send me state to state to fix things for them, but don't acknowledge the issues in the bigger picture that I've tried time and again to raise with them.

Wish me luck...

Lily

Back to top Go down

Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours? Empty Re: Great Achievements - this is mine - what are yours?

Post  Rivergirl Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Good luck Lily and big congrats AUSSKY Smile

My biggest achievement is my son. He was born 27 years ago at only 25 weeks gestation weighing 856gms. A miracle baby. In the first week he had septacemia, collapsed lung and a stroke. He was on a respirator for 6 weeks and oxygen for 4 months. He had a tough time growing up and our life was medical and hospital appointments all the time. I had his brother Tad 8 months later at 27 weeks but he only survived for 3 hours. Luke is partly deaf, very shortsighted, is a hemiplegic (partly paralysed on one side), has epilepsy and hydrocephalus (water on the brain). Through sheer guts and determination (and chronic migraine) Luke completed 4 years of Criminology at Uni and graduated with honours. He has had various contracts with Victoria Police over the years and loves working for them. He is the most wonderful son and I'm lucky to have him. All his friends and anyone he comes in contact with love him for his fighting spirit and warm, caring personality.
Rivergirl
Rivergirl

http://www.redbubble.com/people/Rivergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:56 am

Oh wow, Rivergirl... you have every right to be mightily proud of Luke!

Words never cut it in these situations, but I wanted to say I'm so sorry for the loss of Tad I love you

Oh, and I'm still employed cheers lol!

Lily

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivergirl Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Thanks Lily, you're a sweetheart and YAY that you're still employed cheers
Rivergirl
Rivergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  AUSSKY Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:15 am

Rivergirl, that's a seriously amazing achievement for both of you - and that's called tenacity!! Huge congratulations......it really puts things into perspective when I listen to some of the people at work complaining about how 'hard' their lot is....NOT!! cheers cheers
AUSSKY
AUSSKY

http://www.stormchasers.au.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivergirl Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks AUSSKY Smile Yes I remember hearing mothers complaining about their kids and would wonder what they had to complain about. Always got by because I lived by the creed that there was always someone worse off than us so did the best I could. When I lost my second son Tad I was in a room at the hospital with a woman who had just lost her 6th baby in a row. At least I still had Luke, even though at the time Tad died Luke was back in hospital with a suspected brain tumour. I would go through it all again to have a son like Luke.
Rivergirl
Rivergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum