Australian Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Australian Weather Forum.

+30
Lily
Anthony Violi
Matt Pearce
BigMac
Tucky
Sebastian
DarkEye
mick
norfolk
Leasy
apocalypse
Blackie
Melbourne Skywalker
tizza
dave7
James
Instability
Rhino
Madmel
Sniper
SC
Power Storm
Luken
Johnno
Karl Lijnders
NoRelationToNed
hillybilly
Rivergirl
flatsman
Admin
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welcome to the Australian Weather Forum. - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Australian Weather Forum.

Post  Rhino Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Just joined and great to hear Karl is still around, almost fell off me chair when I got the invite, thought he died or something!! Razz Laughing

Rhino. Very Happy Very Happy

Rhino

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Australian Weather Forum. - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Australian Weather Forum.

Post  Karl Lijnders Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:51 pm

It is so wonderful that so many have joined and not just joined but come back and posted and participated. It makes me happy to know that there is a sense of community still about and people want the same. Thankyou so much for understanding that is what my heart was intending when I got this place going together with Robyn (Rivergirl) and a the support of John and DJ and Anthony Violi.

Anyhow enough of the love fest. Welcome aboard and yeah I hope that you all just learn to love the place over time, despite the fact it has less bells and whistles than WZ.
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Instability Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:50 am

Instabil wrote:Hey guys, this is where you have been hiding??

Rog.

Aha, just figured if you are not logged in it restricts your user name to 8 characters.

Thanks for the message Johnoo bounce

Rog.

Instability

Back to top Go down

Post  James Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:27 am

Hi, this is james from the WZ forums, i used to be "st arnaud" then "ringwood east" and now "boronia" hehe

nice to see this forum and it doing so well, the only grip i have is that the color isnt that wonderful for my eyes, and the text is a lot fainter color so its hard to read....perhaps whomever manages the site can fiddle with some new skins that are more friendly on the eye and load a bit faster.

But otherwise its great to be here

James

James

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi James.

Noted. We will tweak that this afternoon. Nice to have a few people from Boronia on here.
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 pm

No worries Rog & James looking forward in talking weather with you guys sunny

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  dave7 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks for inviting me John...any trouble i cause from here on in will be on your head:)...so far it seems very personal & fresh...the Carl & Johnno show...still i hope it grows into everything u hoped for....hell i might even learn something.

dave7

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Australian Weather Forum. - Page 2 Empty Hi Everyone!!!!

Post  tizza Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:08 am

I was wondering where you all went!!!! Great to find you all again. cheers I'll keep you informed on what's happening in Richmond.
tizza
tizza

Back to top Go down

Post  hillybilly Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:45 am

Welcome Tizza.

hillybilly

http://www.bom.gov.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Melbourne Skywalker Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:24 am

G'day guys, have made the journey across from WZ. Great site! Thanks for the invite Johnno. Looking forward to reading all of your comments and contributions here. Very Happy

Melbourne Skywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 am

Welcome Melbourne Skywalker, Tizza & Dave & No worries Smile alot of us Victorians contribute in here now its a great weather forum hope to see your input guys. Cheers.

John.

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackie Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi guys, Nice to be with you all over here.

Cheers B

Blackie

http://www.aridzone.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Great to see you Blackie welcome mate Basketball

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  apocalypse Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:17 pm

What a great site you have here Karl. Very Happy

Looking forward to getting to know everyone (I know most from WZ) and learn a few things in the process!
apocalypse
apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Hey mate. Great to have you on board! Thought I would extend the invitation out to our southern NSW friends. Please keep in touch... This is a place to learn... I certainly am!!!
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:37 am

Great to see ya Nathan welcome mate Basketball looking forward to your input mate

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  Leasy Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Guys!

Just saw this topic (how did I miss this??)! Thanks Johnoo for linking me to the site, I was wondering why the regulars over at WZ weren't posting as much anymore - I now have my answer!

Great to see your here Karl, I missed your valued input.

Anyways, I'm Elise, was Leasy on the WZ forums, and rather than confuse people, I have kept to the same username. I'm not that weather savvy, however, I do feel a lot more comfortable here already, so you'll be seeing some more posts from me. Wink

Not too sure if anyone really 'knows' me all that well, I've been with Weatherzone for a few years, but didn't post much as I felt that there wasn't much for me to contribute - and also being afraid of being shot down in flames due to my limited knowledge on the weather.

Anyway, enough of my babble, I'd just like to say I'm happy to be here and see the old regulars from WZ comment on this new forum. Very Happy
Leasy
Leasy

Location : Mill Park, NE Suburbs Melbourne - Work, Doncaster Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivergirl Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Leasy, welcome Smile Don't be afraid to post, we are all here to share and learn and no matter how knowledgeable you are as you get older you find out you know less and less Wink I'm sure many people missed Karl's input and hillybillys, so it's wonderful to see them here. This is a great little community so post away Smile
Rivergirl
Rivergirl

http://www.redbubble.com/people/Rivergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnno Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Your welcome Leasy Very Happy Feel free to post anything and anytime you want in here we are all in the same boat here and are all learning. Glad you like it Smile hope to see more posts from you

Johnno

Back to top Go down

Post  Leasy Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks for the reassurance guys! I'll definitely endeavour to post more on these forums, you guys are really a friendly bunch, and yeah, I'm still learning, but we have gotta start somewhere right? Cool

Expect to see a lot more observations and questions. Wink
Leasy
Leasy

Location : Mill Park, NE Suburbs Melbourne - Work, Doncaster Vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:18 pm

It is great to have you here Elise and feel reassured that this is a place that you can be comfortable posting anything.

Looking forward to your pics and contributions.
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Power Storm Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:55 pm

G'day Elise.

Just letting you know that when I first joined the Weatherzone forums I felt the same way. I had some knowledge about weather forecasting and meteorology, but not a lot, and I always worried if someone would whinge about me posting with limited knowledge. But, it was guys like John and Karl and Anthony, Andrew and many more (the guys/gals on this forum) that welcomed me back then and still do. They have taught me so much since I have known them and I cannot thank them enough! Wink

Keep the posts going Elise. Smile

Jake.

Power Storm

http://www.australianweathernow.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  norfolk Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:31 pm

gee I totally forgot about this forum. I hope you will all welcome me back Wink

Oh and by the it's Tony here.....and you are? LOL

norfolk

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Lijnders Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Tony your forgiven Wink - I'm glad your here!!! Missed your obs!!!
Karl Lijnders
Karl Lijnders

Back to top Go down

Post  Power Storm Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm glad I rebooted your memory Tony... oh and it's Jake by the way.. haha.

Power Storm

http://www.australianweathernow.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next